Spanish words of Italic origin
the free encyclopedia,
Become a member of TranslationDirectory.com at just
$8 per month (paid per year)
Use the search bar to look for terms in all glossaries, dictionaries, articles and other resources simultaneously
This is a list of Spanish words of origin. Some of these words existed in Latin as loanwords from other languages. Some of these words have alternate etymologies and may also appear on a list of Spanish words from a different language.
- anchoa "anchovy" (cf. Ital dial (Genoese) ancioa)
- balón, ="ball"
- birra (Rioplatense Spanish), ="beer"
- chelo, from Italian cello
- charlar, ="to chat"
- cúpula, from Italian cupola
- espagueti, from spaghetti
- laburar (Rioplatense Spanish), from Italian lavorare, ="to work"
- lasaña, from lasagna
- mufa (Rioplatense Spanish) ="bad luck", from Italian muffa="mildew"
- ñoqui, from gnocchi
- pibe (Rioplatense Spanish), from Italian pive
- "Breve diccionario etimológico de la lengua española" by Guido Gómez de Silva (ISBN 968-16-2812-8)
See all linguistics glossaries:
Published - February 2009
glossary is available under the terms
of the GNU Free Documentation
free glossaries at TranslationDirectory.com
free dictionaries at TranslationDirectory.com
to free TranslationDirectory.com newsletter
more translation jobs from translation agencies? Click here!
agencies are welcome to register here - Free!
translators are welcome to register here - Free!
your glossary or dictionary for publishing at TranslationDirectory.com