Re: Non-payers, part 3
I can only confirm that about Promosaik. I worked as a freelance translator for the agency, then in 2020 (August-November) I was literally swamped with assignments. On top of that, the deadlines were almost impossible to meet. I turned down other projects for other clients because Promosaik was practically begging me to translate things since "the projects had already been accepted and couldn't be turned down". They were practically guilt-tripping me into translating. They only paid me for August for those months (I received the money mid November!) - they still owe me ~€4,000 for 3 months.
I've been emailing them every month since December and always get the same answer - clients haven't paid us, I have no money to pay you, any money that comes in pays the rent and the secretary (what!!?) and then the guilt-tripping starts again.
I have not been told anything in terms of "the company has been dissolved", but what's worse for me is that, knowing there is no money, they have continued to send me 40k+ words a month to translate September-November. They didn't stop until about a week into December after I started asking about the invoice for September, which should have been paid by the end of November. First they kept saying "it should be paid by Christmas" until they said "we don't have any money".
Just a warning to my fellow linguists:
We worked with Promosaik (also known as Sprachenmax / Miximax International / Tradumax) on one of their projects in 2020, invoiced them but they have never cleared it invoice and no one is responding to our inquiry emails.
First, they claimed that they were no longer operational and had closed the company and are not mandated to pay any invoices from suppliers. I sent them an email with a job offer and surprisingly, they accepted the offer. After realizing it was me who sent the job offer, changed their story saying that our invoice was too old to be cleared. Mind you, we always invoice them once a year at the end of the year. Also, in their PO, they never mentioned any invoicing period.
Note that this is the second time they are trying to scam us.
They have even been banned on Proz, see the link below:
Be careful with them.
#cybersecurity #translation #scammer #translators #translationservices #transactionalanalysis #translationagency #scamalert
- Non-payers, part 3 (Link) TranslationDirectory.com 26-11-2015 11:20
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 S J Agboola 08-12-2015 22:17
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Feride Pasha Aliyeva 28-12-2015 13:41
- Planet Veritas - Looking for unpaid translators Marta 12-11-2016 12:26
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Anu 30-11-2016 12:19
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Paulo de Faria-Lopes 02-01-2017 18:58
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 (Link) Mr Geoffrey Howard Martin Black 07-02-2017 19:58
- Planet Veritas - A non-payer company Rukiye 16-03-2017 14:32
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 (Link) Sebastian 24-03-2017 11:05
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Maria Xanthopoulou 27-04-2017 08:42
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Jana Svihlova 04-08-2017 16:29
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Beletu Bulbula 18-11-2017 21:25
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 (Link) Elvira Carrion 23-01-2018 22:59
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Irene Cudich 27-01-2018 15:15
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Tania Ko 21-03-2018 14:35
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 (Link) Paul Machin 08-02-2019 10:06
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Dang nkou 16-07-2019 11:52
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Ashton Bharwani 29-01-2020 13:35
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 (Link) Ahmed Hassen 14-10-2020 17:06
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 (Link) Ahmed Hassen 14-10-2020 18:56
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 (Link) Patrick Muriithi 24-02-2021 14:28
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Vlad 03-03-2021 14:45
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 (Link) Patrick Muriithi 19-03-2021 15:24
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 (Link) Patrick Muriithi 19-03-2021 15:31
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 (Link) Patrick Muriithi 19-03-2021 15:44
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Sabrina K 15-04-2021 11:32
- MultiTransideal - Non Paying Company (Link) Patrick Muriithi - East African Language Solutions 31-03-2021 11:58
- KIPYO ALEAXANDER HAN - DBA Translatlingua International (Link) Patrick Muriithi - East African Language Solutions 08-04-2021 14:33
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 M Zhou 24-04-2021 18:01
Search forum and the rest of TranslationDirectory.com:
Please see some ads as well as other content from TranslationDirectory.com: