Re: Non-payers, part 3
We delivered a translation to Skrivanek Baltic in October, and Liga, the PM told that the customer thinks its "Google" quality. We did not agree - we responded:
"Without specific details, I'm afraid I cannot comment on this. It is definitely not a Google translation. However, as you mentioned it, please feel free to try backtranslation with GT on any sentence from the materials, and see for yourself, if they make sense or not.
Any technical text is demanding, and the language of IT is different from the usual day-to-day translations. Please also note, that a transcreation job is different from a translation job, and our task was translation - i.e. follow the source, (fluently, but not making things up). If you wish, I can assign the text to an editor for further processing. However, this has a price tag, as I do not agree with the customer's view on the text quality at all."
They thanked for the feedback, but did not come back. Then they ACCEPTED our INVOICE, (I received TWO receipts of acceptance from their accounting) but claimed there are still issues. Meanwhile they had sent the job to another agency, without us knowing about it, before our exclusive translator with a university degree hinted that she has some sort of a IT proofreading going on with very little to fix. We noticed, that it was the contested job, and we pointed this out to both Skrivanek and the agency who ordered the proofreading. After that, Liga has stated that someone / "he" said the translation is fine. Then they suddenly came back stating, that they have had to ask for the editing from somewhere else and to reduce our payment. I reminded them about our RIGHT to make the corrections, if they are needed. And TWO proofreaders had stated the text was ok.
Also, I reminded about the "tour" of the job to another agency without any real negotiations with us. At this point, Skrivanek blamed US(!!!!!) on breaking their NDA and claiming we had sent the job to a third party i.e. the other agency(!), and told that they would not pay a single cent of this project worth almost €900.00 because of this. What a scammer!
- Non-payers, part 3 (Link) TranslationDirectory.com 26-11-2015 11:20
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 S J Agboola 08-12-2015 22:17
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Feride Pasha Aliyeva 28-12-2015 13:41
- Planet Veritas - Looking for unpaid translators Marta 12-11-2016 12:26
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Anu 30-11-2016 12:19
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Paulo de Faria-Lopes 02-01-2017 18:58
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 (Link) Mr Geoffrey Howard Martin Black 07-02-2017 19:58
- Planet Veritas - A non-payer company Rukiye 16-03-2017 14:32
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 (Link) Sebastian 24-03-2017 11:05
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Maria Xanthopoulou 27-04-2017 08:42
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Jana Svihlova 04-08-2017 16:29
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Beletu Bulbula 18-11-2017 21:25
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 (Link) Elvira Carrion 23-01-2018 22:59
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Irene Cudich 27-01-2018 15:15
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 Tania Ko 21-03-2018 14:35
- Re: Non-payers, part 3 (Link) Paul Machin 08-02-2019 10:06
Search forum and the rest of TranslationDirectory.com:
Please see some ads as well as other content from TranslationDirectory.com: