Forum for Translators: Re: Non-Payer Mission Translate
Unfortunately this company keeps on advertising that they need new linguists. I worked for them for several months, they paid the first work I did for them - and since then has stopped paying! The first payment I received I had to keep on asking for too - they will not pay it by themselves on time).
I have been waiting since December (also January, February, March) for outstanding invoices and have not heard from them anymore. Always excuses.
Guys - don't fall for their trap, they are NOT a reputable company!
- Company: Mission Translate
- Contact persons: Kathryn Cozens (Accounts) / Denise Claveria (Recruitment Representative); Gary Holden (Senior Project Manager)
- E-Mails: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://missiontranslate.com/
- Phone: UK: +44 (0) 121 296 9870; Europe: + 353 (0) 1 902 3681
- Address: UK: Avix Business Centre, 42 - 46 Hagley Rd, Birmingham, B 16 8 PE; European Office: Kandoy House, 2 Fairview Strand, Dublin 3, D03 R8P3
There are good companies out there, unfortunately this is not one of them - speaking of over 8 years experience in the field.
I had the same issue with this company. They never pay you at all, what they are doing is to keep hiring new linguists and make them do a free job.
Mission Translate owes me around 1,000 GBP for all the translation work I have done for them. They decided to pay me a small fraction of the total, which was circa 1,500 GBP and never again paid me a penny.
It has been almost two years now chasing them and they keep replying that they are forwarding my emails to their accountants, but it´s all a scam.
The worst company to work with. After my first email claiming some overdue invoices they stopped completely sending me work, which tells you that they have this practice in their genes. Also, before they were known as "Sense Translations" but declared themselves bankrupt to avoid paying its suppliers.
Please, unless you want to work for free, avoid at all costs working for this company.
Search forum and the rest of TranslationDirectory.com:
Please see some ads as well as other content from TranslationDirectory.com: