Directory for translators and translation agencies: receive translation jobs in your language pair!
Welcome to the world of language jobs!

Portal for Language Professionals and their Clients. 39,000+ Freelance Translators7,000+ Translation Agencies.
translation jobs
Translation Agency Registration - Free! Freelance Translator Registration - Free! Become a Member! Login to Your Account! Invite Translators - Free! FAQ Contact Us

Menu

Become a Member
  Edit Your Profile
  Ask for Free Translation
  Find Translation Jobs
  Find Rare Translation Jobs
  Find Very Rare Language Jobs
  Find Jobs in Rarest Pairs
  Read Testimonials
  Read More Testimonials
  Read Even More Testimonials
  Read Still More Testimonials
  Read Yet More Testimonials
  Upload Your Resume
  Add Your Translation Agency
  Receive All Jobs by RSS
  Work for Translation Agencies
  Post Your Translation Job
  Hire Translators-Members
  Hire All Translators
  Easily Contact Translators
  Hire Translation Agencies Members
  Contact All Translation Agencies
  Obtain Blacklisted Employers
  Read Articles (By Category)
  Read Articles (By Index)
  Read Sense-of-Life Articles
  Read Work-at-Home Articles
  Use Free Dictionaries
  Use Free Glossaries
  Use Free Photographs
  Use Free File Sharing
  Use Free Software
  Use Free Translators
  Vote in Polls for Translators
  Subscribe to Free Newsletter
  Advertise Here
  Apply to Collection Agencies
  Buy Database of Translators
  Buy Translation Agencies List
  Watch Out for Scam E-mails
  Use Resources for Translators
  Use Online Directory
  Ask Questions in Forum
  Admire God's Creations

Advertisements

Forum for Translators: Experience with Agatha Colten

Experience with Agatha Colten               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Charles 05-10-2011 19:35

Has anybody had experience with this outsourcer???

Agatha Colten has sent the following message to you and to other translators listed at:
http://www.TranslationDirectory.com/translators/german_english.php

==============================================
Dear translator,

I have 5000 words, I need translated from German into English. If interested please contact me with you availability and best rate.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

http://www.translatorscafe.com/cafe/member147044.htm
Regards,
Agatha
Re: Experience with Agatha Colten               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Ed 12-10-2011 10:15

I did some projects for Agatha Colten and never heard from her again.
Re[2]: Experience with Agatha Colten               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Ed 26-10-2011 11:33

It turns out that Agatha Colten is AKA Vlad Welson AKA Kathy Jack http://www.proz.com/blueboard/33013
Be wary of this outsourcer!!!
Sender: Sheetal 09-02-2012 11:26

I had the exact same.
Delivered translation work and DID NOT GET PAID!!!!!!!!!!

This person needs to get taught a lesson !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get in touch with me, i have an idea!!!
Sender: Sandra Torpling 17-02-2012 21:55

Agatha owes me over 2,000$ I have tried to get paid since 6 months ago. Latest email she sent me was "I have received the money from the client, I will transfer your money directly" That was 2 weeks ago. I haven't received the money yet, obviously. On Monday I will go to the police. I have two of her e-mails and one address (maybe false, but who knows, it's worth trying). If someone is interested in going to the police as well don't hesitate to contact me.
Re[3]: Experience with Agatha Colten               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Charles 19-02-2012 22:43

I doubt you will get any money.

Agatha Colten is a fake name and the address and phone number used on another website was also fake.

The person behind Agatha Colten is a criminal called Omar Salah Ibrahim Al-Balawi from Amman, Jordan (In the past he has used the name, Vlad Welson and Kathy Jack among others).

I would be very wary of anybody advertising here from Amman, Jordan using a gmail account (or any other free email account). It could be this crook.
Re[4]: Experience with Agatha Colten               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Experts 16-07-2012 14:04

Dear,

We have worked with a lot of translators and We pay for them ... Don't talk without knowing people .. If you think that we are lairs you are wrong ....

I have worked with a lot of translator not 10 or 20 , Many of translators .

Regards
Stephni
Sender: Sof 12-12-2012 19:53

Hi guys, sorry I didn't go all the way to the oldest message and I am not sure how this thread started but here is my experience:
2 years ago I posted an ad for a job looking for some more people to add my colleagues finish a German into English job.
Agatha Colten (or whoever this person was) applied we sent her to do part of the work. I sent the address to mention on her invoice and asked that she send us an invoice, with data of her bank account to get paid. She never contacted me, until one month later. She gets in touch via gmail IM, telling me she is travelling in Jordan and needs money, asking if I could send her money through Western Union. As all this sounded fishy to me, (I started suspecting her, when the job she turned in was rubbish according to our proofreader) and I reminded her that the ad explained clearly that we pay only through bank transfer. Tonight, after 2 years she sends me an email with an invoice saying, either I pay or she will take legal measures (here again, she didn't mention any bank data, only some paypal account). To tell you the truth I totally forgot about her, and I was ashamed I didn't pay some translator who worked with us. She almost scammed me. Luckily enough I still had all the previous correspondance in my inbox. All I did is ask her to send me thebank data and that we will pay her everything. Until now, she didn't reply.
She used agatha.colten[at]gmail.com to contact me.
Her paypal address was translator1980.money[@]gmail.com
If any of you have a problem with her, you should probably report her to paypal.
Good luck!
Sender: Charles 17-12-2012 16:53

Thanks for posting this. This scammer from Jordan has been at it for a long time. Agatha Colten is not even the real name of this crook.
Re[5]: Experience with Agatha Colten               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Vukmir 18-12-2012 12:28

Agatha Colten is none other than this scammer from Jordan, Omar Salah Ibrahim Al-Balawi, who has been ripping off translators at proz.com.

http://www.proz.com/blueboard/33013

This scammer owes me approximately $1400.
Agatha Colten aka Ibrahim Alblewi from Amman, Jordan               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Ed 03-01-2013 16:24

Agatha Colten is a fake name. It is really Ibrahim Alblewi from Amman, Jordan. His PayPal is translator1980.money at gmail.com. This hood has conned a lot of translators in both Translation Directory and Proz.com. Unfortunately, he is still at large under another fake name. See: http://www.proz.com/blueboard/33013
Sender: Marzenka 27-06-2012 18:00

Hi, I just received a translation request from expert trans @ gmail, it was for a project for Ferrero, I am so glad I found this thread otherwise I would have been tricked! Perhaps we could track down this cold-blooded scammer by finding out who (Ferrero perhaps) requested this translation in the first place, so we can tell them their contact is a thief...
Sender: Marzenka 27-06-2012 18:05

I told her I know it's a scam and this was her/his reply
"Dear,

We deal with a lot of translators and Here you are some of them You can ask them About us also I will try to find another one .

1980mirko@googlemail.com

helene.timokhovets@yandex.ru

nicapaixao@gmail.com"
I have a feeling we should beware of these email addresses too...
Sender: Charles 30-06-2012 06:51

This person hides behind different names and email addresses and also uses proxy servers. Now I tend to avoid accepting jobs from outsourcers who use free email addresses or who refuse to give their contact details.
Re[5]: Experience with Agatha Colten               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Gunnar Lahr (MILA Sprachdienste) 12-12-2012 16:12

Hi,
We also used the "services" of this "person" last year. She claimed to be an English native speaker from Birmingham with very positve ratings in many platforms. The texts that we received had nothing to do with English and were even worse than google translations.

Half a year later she sent her "invoices" without any address or tax number. Payments had to be made to the Arab Bank of Jordan!!!!

I went to the police and they told me not to pay. Instead I wrote back about the information that you can find in google for "Agatha Colten" and that the translations were not English nor any other existing language.

Today, another 6 months later I received another mail with the same invoices - now not to be paid to the Arab Bank of Jordan but via Paypal. If not, legal actions will follow.

So be aware of Agatha Colten!!
Sender: Elena 05-10-2014 08:49

Dear Colleague,

My name is Elena, and here was mentioned my mail address: helene.timokhovets@yandex.com and the mail address of my colleague, an English to Germn translator, Mirko. I do not understand why you shall beware of these mail addresses. At least before convicting us in something you could write and ask about the agency that made reference to my mail.

I believe that would be rather ethical and more professional than making conclusions without getting any information.

Kindest regards,
Elena
Sender: Elena 11-08-2015 19:52

Dear colleague,
my name is Elena, my name was mentioned here as scam mail. I am a translator with about 11 years of experience in this field, and before accusing me of scam you would better contact me directly. Concerning this post - I have NEVER worked with this person and have never heard about her/him/them. Besides, here I see the mail address of my German colleague Mirko, with whom we worked for a while a couple of times. He is a translator and NEVER outsources projects, that is why I do not understand what is the problem with him. If some unreliable agency mentions my mail, it is not a reason to accuse me of scamming,

Kindest regards,
elena
Sender: Charles 07-03-2012 16:13

I suspect Agatha Colten is still at large under a different identity. Be wary of the following outsourcer:

Experts Linguists experts.of.trans@gmail.com
Sender: Helena Ramos 16-07-2012 13:07

Hi there, I have been contacted this morning by this outsourcer, offering me a proofreading job of 17000 words:

experts.of.trans@gmail.com

Thank you very much to you all for posting these informations.

Best Regards
Helena Ramos

Search forum and the rest of TranslationDirectory.com:

Free Newsletter

Subscribe to our free newsletter to receive updates from us:

New at the Forum

New Free Articles

# 2488
Rosetta Stone and Translation Rates

# 2467
Translation - an Ageless Profession

# 2466
Have Language, Will Travel

# 2486
Почему так мало хороших переводов и хороших переводчиков?

# 2479
Average monthly wage in different European countries

# 2487
Two New Chinese Translations of Hamlet Introduced and Compared

# 2475
Linguistic history of the Indian subcontinent

# 2474
Languages with official status in India

# 2251
The Database: Your Most Valuable Asset!

More articles
More articles for translators

Vote in Polls

All Polls:
Polls on all topics

Christian Polls:
Polls on Christian topics

Financial Polls:
Polls on Financial topics

Polls for Freelancers:

Poll # 104
Have you obtained at least one new client through your facebook account?

Poll # 100
What is the worst time-waster?

Poll # 099
If you work at a laptop, do you usually use touchpad or mouse?

Poll # 094
If you run a translation agency, do you ever outsource / subcontract your projects to other translation agencies?

Poll # 090
What do you like the most about TranslationDirectory.com?

Poll # 088
Which translation portal emails you the largest number of job notifications?

Poll # 087
Which one of the following sites has the most appealing color scheme?

Poll # 085
Do you charge a fine (interest) fee for every day of payment delay?

Poll # 083
Do you have licensed SDL Trados software installed at your computer?

Poll # 079
Have you always dreamt to become a translator?

Poll # 078
Do you plan to be a freelance translator for the rest of your life?

Poll # 077
Is it necessary to learn translation theory in order to become a good translator?

Poll # 076
Will human translation be entirely replaced by machine translation in the future?

Poll # 074
Do you have savings?

Poll # 065
Do you know that the Bible is the most popular book in the world?

Poll # 063
What is the purpose of your life?

Poll # 059
How many hours per night do you sleep (in average)?

More polls
More polls for freelancers

christianity portal
hotel directory

Copyright © 2003-2024 by TranslationDirectory.com
Legal Disclaimer
Site Map