Hindi linguist / translator 15 positions: Job 00042432
Source language(s): Hindi
Target language(s): English
Details of the project: Job Purpose:
The Hindi Linguist is expected to have the passion for language and flare to translate/trans-create and peer review the content from English to Hindi language and vice versa. S/he is expected to work closely with translation teams to ensure quality localization and monitor peer language quality data, if required. S/he should also work with localization project managers and other teams to identify and address linguistic issues.
Maintain language references such as terminology databases and the style guide.
• Assess the content volume and plan accordingly to personally attain the given targets in due timeline.
• Report to Team Leads and Project Managers to fulfill the language requirements in a timely and quality manner. Help peers and project managers in target management and quality practices.
• Mark queries related to source content and sharing the understanding with the team to help achieve better quality overall.
• Develop a good understanding of market expectations for localization quality and translate/trans-create accordingly.
• Work closely with local teams to develop specific terminology for new features and products, and shape the voice tone for the product to be localized.
• Ensure quality of high-priority products and highly visible materials through quality assurance and bug fixing, taking a hands-on approach as necessary.
• Understand challenges in the localization process and lead broad language quality improvement initiatives at the language and team level, as well as upstream.
This job is already available.
Special requirements to the applicants: Minimum 2-5 years of experience in the field of Language translations, copywriting, proofreading and editing with the ability to understand basic elements of Source (English) and Target (Hindi).
• Excellent command of the English language with the ability to provide clear and concise oral and written communication in the Source and Target language.
• Experience of working on different CAT tools such as Google Translate, SDL Studio, Babylon or any other online translation tools will be preferred.
• Ability to understand requirements necessary to perform specific tasks being processed and produced.
• Experience within creative, localization or the online marketing/advertising industry is preferred.
• Detail-oriented, quality-focused and proactive, with strong ability to manage projects.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple and diverse content types.
• Good knowledge of Native languages’ technical aspects is a must like different font assemblies, their application on the internet, different typing methods and keyboards, complexities of the language on the technical tools etc.
• Excellent typing and comprehension speed in both English and Hindi language.
Interested translators can share their updated resume to surya.prakash at wlt.com / swaminathan.l at wlt.com
We want to pay for this job 30 EUR per hour
Who can apply: Freelancers and agencies
Deadline for applying: 06/30/2018
Keep this ad at the site permanently
Williams Lea Tag India Pvt Ltd
IP: 22.214.171.124 (N/A) * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Posted on Monday, 04 Jun 2018, 10:02:30
If you notice a non-payer or scam here, please let translators know in our