Looking for translators in 50+ languages, must be US citizens or legal permanent residents: Job 00032435
Source language(s): Spanish, Arabic, Urdu, Pushto, Over 50 Languages
Target language(s): English
Details of the project: Piedmont Translations is currently seeking Translators, Interpreters and Comprehensive Linguistics Analysts to support the Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP) Agency. Candidates will be required to translate, interpret and/or analyze collateral materials such as pre-recorded audios and other printed materials and documents INTO English. Contractors must be United States citizens currently residing in the US who are willing to undergo a government background screening. Please don’t apply if you have a criminal record and/or credit problems.
Keep in mind it may take several months for you to get approved. Work is flexible and pay is competitive.
Special requirements to the applicants: * Work is remote so you can be located anywhere in the United States
* Minimum of one year professional experience translating source documentation and multimedia
* Ability to pass English language proficiency tests in 4 skill areas of listening, reading, writing and speaking, with a minimum score of 3.0.
* Federal & State Court Certified Interpreters are exempt from the testing requirement.
* Strong proofing and editing skills in the English language
* Translation and transcription experience is preferred; previous title III translation experience is preferred.
* Must be a US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident and lived in the US 3 out of the last 5 years
* Required to pass language testing prior to beginning work
* Foreign Language to English.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain DOJ-FBOP clearance
* Proximity to Washington DC is preferred
Sample text (50 to 200 words): Source Languages:
Italian (Calabrian dialect)
Tagalog (all Filipino Dialects)
Piedmont Translations is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We will pay for this job 30 EUR per hour
Who can apply: Freelancers only
Deadline for applying: 10/12/2015
Keep this ad at the site permanently
IP: 22.214.171.124 (Reston, United States) * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Posted on Saturday, 10 Oct 2015, 19:32:38
If you notice a non-payer or scam here, please let translators know in our