Traditional Chinese (HK locale) offsite linguist: Job 00040290
Source language(s): English
Target language(s): Chinese, Cantonese
Details of the project: We are currently looking for an experienced and qualified Chinese (Hong Kong locale) Translator/Reviewer to work with us for the review of IT, and marketing related materials offsite (remotely) 10-15 hours per week. The ideal candidate should be tech savvy and comfortable with marketing content.
This is a continuous collaboration and we offer competitive rate. Our client is a world-renowned multinational tech company, specializing in Internet-related services and products. These include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing and software.
Objective of role:
Working closely with the Chinese
Traditional (Hong Kong locale) language specialists, the linguist will:
- Review and audit content translated by agencies (UI, Help, Marketing materials, Legal, etc.).
- Provide feedback and work with vendors to improve quality of translations.
- Help ensure client's quality requirements are followed by all vendors.
- Maintain terminology in glossaries and TMs as required.
- Fix linguistic bugs as required.
- Interact with translators and other reviewers in linguistic discussions.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders when necessary.
This job is already available.
Special requirements to the applicants: - Native Cantonese speaker with excellent language skills and an in-depth knowledge of Traditional Chinese (ZHHK) written language rules.
- High level of English is required – all source will be in English and it’s the main working language.
- BA/BSc in Translation, IT or a related discipline preferred.
- Proven experience as a translator/reviewer.
- Experience in IT translation and familiar with localization basics.
- Advanced level of computer literacy.
- Interested in technology - particularly apps, websites and social media in your native language.
- Passion for excellent language quality standards.
- Experience/Knowledge of CAT tools processes.
We will pay for this job 15 EUR per hour
Who can apply: Freelancers only
Deadline for applying: 11/30/2022
Delete this ad from the site after the deadline for applying.