This position will be available on a full-time basis from
our Shanghai office.
The main role of the LQA (Language quality assurance) will be to serve as a gatekeeper for the quality of translations (grammar, spelling and punctuation, meaning accuracy -loyalty to source, style, terminology and consistency). You will work with a team and under the supervision of a mentor to complete linguistic projects according to the requests of clients. You will gain real work experience and learn to communicate with project managers and other employees, to manage your workload and time, to use translation tools (like CAT), and more.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Actual translations from English to native language for non-technical and technical texts.
• Proofreading/reviewing existing translations against the English source.
• Other linguistic-related tasks (Audio transcription, WinAlign, etc...)
Previous experience and/or familiarity with the technical and Ul terminologies (English & native language) for the fields mentioned below will be an advantage.
• IT - Computer software & hardware
• Telecommunications (Cellphone Manuals & Ul)
• Technical Engineering
• Marketing translations for the fields mentioned above
Note: Technical text will be provided with glossaries, TMs, and sufficient reference files to aid in translations.
• Fast and Efficient (not sacrificing quality for speed)
• Mature & Professional
• Hardworking & Dedicated
• Ability to work in a team setting.
• Pro-active, Confident and Organized
• Resourceful (good at researching terminologies)
• Detail-Oriented / Eye for detail
• Good communication skills (English & Chinese)
• Has a passion for translations and linguistics
• Keenness for electronic devices, particularly smartphones
• Native speaker of any of the above languages, with profound knowledge of the local culture.
• Must have a very good comprehension of written and spoken English; Chinese proficiency is also preferred.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and their functions.
• Basic knowledge of Internet & Email communication applications.
• Has at least three years of experience as translator in the ICT industry.
If you are interested in further information send your CV and cover letter to Alma Gomez.
We will pay for this job 30 EUR per hour
Who can apply: Freelancers only
Deadline for applying: 05/20/2016
Keep this ad at the site permanently
IP: 18.104.22.168 (Herndon, United States) * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Posted on Thursday, 31 Mar 2016, 06:25:36
If you notice a non-payer or scam here, please let translators know in our