Source language(s): English, Tamil
Target language(s): Tamil, English
Details of the project: Tamil Transcription
Appen Butler Hill is looking for native speakers of Tamil for a transcription project.
Scope of Project:
• The work will involve listening to audio recordings of Tamil speech and typing in Tamil what is said or fixing
the given original Tamil text to match the audio.
• Work is on a flexible basis (minimum availability 10 hours per week).
• Work will be provided to successful candidates via our online transcription tool, AppenScribe.
Transcribing Tamil speech to Tamil text.
• Native speaker of Tamil
• Good spelling
• Ability to read and write Tamil
• Basic computer knowledge and typing skills
• Basic knowledge and understanding of English
• Have own computer and internet connection with the latest version of Firefox, Java and Flash Player (links
provided to install these).
• Successful candidates will need to work online, so must have a good internet connection, the latest Firefox
• Preferred working hours = 10 hours per week.
• Must pass a spelling test and register.
• On- going projects available.
• Candidates can be located globally.