Translators and Transcription for Federal Law Enforcement: Job 00018577
Source language(s): Spanish, Urdu, Pushto, Albanian, Yoruba, Arabic, Lao/Laothian, Vietnamese, Korean
Target language(s): English
Details of the project: ALC is currently seeking various Translators / Transcribers / Interpreters for assignments in the Washington DC area, Miami, Fl , New Orleans, Puerto Rico.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security background investigation and must meet eligibility and suitability requirements.
Special requirements to the applicants: Qualifications and requirements:
1. Linguists must be a US citizen or legal resident.
2. Linguists must possess a minimum 3 years transcription, translation, interpreting, or other language-related experience to be considered for this position.
3. Native or near native oral and written communications skills are required in the foreign language and English. Candidates will be required to pass reading, writing, speaking and listening tests in both the foreign language and English.
4. Linguists must possess the ability to comprehend slang and colloquial expressions in the foreign language and translate them into English
5. All applicants must be able to obtain a security clearance from the US Department of Justice. Current federal agency clearances are preferred.
a. No criminal record
b. No outstanding debt issues
6. Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
7. Computer literate and minimum 45 words per minute typing required
We will pay for this job 30 EUR per hour
Who can apply: Freelancers only
Deadline for applying: 05/29/2012
Keep this ad at the site permanently
AllWorld Language Consultants
IP: 22.214.171.124 (Rockville, United States) * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Posted on Thursday, 24 May 2012, 21:33:54
If you notice a non-payer or scam here, please let translators know in our