Directory for translators and translation agencies: receive translation jobs in your language pair!
Welcome to the world of language jobs!

Portal for Language Professionals and their Clients. 39,000+ Freelance Translators7,000+ Translation Agencies.
translation jobs
Translation Agency Registration - Free! Freelance Translator Registration - Free! Become a Member! Login to Your Account! Invite Translators - Free! FAQ Contact Us

Menu

Become a Member
  Edit Your Profile
  Ask for Free Translation
  Find Translation Jobs
  Find Rare Translation Jobs
  Find Very Rare Language Jobs
  Find Jobs in Rarest Pairs
  Read Testimonials
  Read More Testimonials
  Read Even More Testimonials
  Read Still More Testimonials
  Read Yet More Testimonials
  Upload Your Resume
  Add Your Translation Agency
  Receive All Jobs by RSS
  Work for Translation Agencies
  Post Your Translation Job
  Hire Translators-Members
  Hire All Translators
  Easily Contact Translators
  Hire Translation Agencies Members
  Contact All Translation Agencies
  Obtain Blacklisted Employers
  Read Articles (By Category)
  Read Articles (By Index)
  Read Sense-of-Life Articles
  Read Work-at-Home Articles
  Use Free Dictionaries
  Use Free Glossaries
  Use Free Photographs
  Use Free File Sharing
  Use Free Software
  Use Free Translators
  Vote in Polls for Translators
  Subscribe to Free Newsletter
  Advertise Here
  Apply to Collection Agencies
  Buy Database of Translators
  Buy Translation Agencies List
  Watch Out for Scam E-mails
  Use Resources for Translators
  Use Online Directory
  Ask Questions in Forum
  Admire God's Creations

Advertisements

Forum for Translators: Lingual Consultancy Services

Lingual Consultancy Services               [Reply to this message]
Sender: WFT 11-10-2014 05:12

Here is another scammer/non-payer:

Lingual Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd (LC)

Office: +91-11-32315394
Mobile: +91-8860586865
www.lingualconsultancy.com

Not only are they notorious non-payerS - see Lingual Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd -http://translationethics.blogspot.hu/p/blog-page.html#.VDi7T1fhiYw -, they also try to get translations completed free of charge by mailing out translation tests.
Re: Lingual Consultancy Services               [Reply to this message]
Sender: TranslationDirectory.com 11-10-2014 13:31

Blocked, thanks.

If you also want to get it blacklisted, please kindly submit to us the following information by e-mail:

1) Company's and contact person's name and full postal address (including all e-mail addresses).

2) Job number (if the job was posted at TranslationDirectory.com)

3) Did you meet the deadline?

4) Did the outsourcer complain about the quality of your work?

5) Was payment delayed or not received at all?

6) What did the outsourcer answer to your inquiries about payment?

7) Would you work for this outsourcer again?

8) Other comments (if any).
Re[2]: Lingual Consultancy Services               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Freelance translator 20-01-2016 16:43

Hi!
Just wanted to warn people that Lingual Consultancy Services (read Bogus translation agency, hidding behind fake positive reviews on ProZs) is continuing their fraudulent activity by contacting freelance translators via ProZ(shame on them for still not banning this company) for a "large" translation project, but requiring, firstly, a SAMPLE TRANSLATION, insisting on its ASAP delivery and then never replying back.
Their contact person this time:
Taruna Singhal
Assistant Project Manager
tarunasinghal@lingualconsultancy.com
Re[3]: Lingual Consultancy Services               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Raveloson Dimby 13-09-2016 07:48

Dear All,

Just to let you know that I worked with this company and I got paid on time and without problem.

I live in Madagascar and banks here are not very fast for transfers. In addition, I came accross this post and at first, I was a bit confused when I have been hired.

However, from my first work with them I got really paid and without delay. In fact, I was very quickly paid, when compared to malagasy bank normal transaction processes.

In view of these, I just like to inform other users who will come accross this thread that working with Lingual Consultancy Services should not pose any problem.

Thanks all and enjoy your day.
Sender: Marco 26-09-2016 14:54

Prateek Saxena

LINGUAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES PVT LTD (LC)

Mobile: +91 8588808468

Landline no: 0124-2848104

|www.lingualconsultancy.com|

Was given a rush job, audio(Eng) to text(Ita) transcription.
They offered a PayPal payment (due in 45 days). I learned the hard way that PayPal offers no protection after 45 days, while they knew it very well.

Needless to say, the payment was never received and, of course, I will never get any reply nor see any money. Their replies were light-speed until I finished the job ;) .

Their modus operandi tells they are serial scammers when they have a chance to get free translations.

Please, beware.
Feel free to ask me any question about it.
Re[4]: Lingual Consultancy Services               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Sanita 26-09-2016 15:13

Hi Marco!
I was scammed as well by this very company only with a smaller (around 2 pages) amount. I also "fell in their trap", as they were very quick in their replies during the process, but then totally disappeared after receiving my translation. Honestly, from now on I will always check company reviews, and now I always find it weird when this company is trying to mask their SCAMMING PRACTICES by posting here and on other forums these fake, self-congratulatory reviews, saying that everything is perfect. Lingual Consultancy learn your business ABCs: consumers only care about the bad reviews. For company that has so many bad reviews, the "self-congratulatory" ones DON'T COUNT. NO ONE TAKES THEM SERIOUSLY AT THIS POINT! WE SEE THROUGH THIS!
Sender: Alix Chace 30-09-2016 21:25

I also was scammed by the company "Lingual Consultancy" with project manager Prateek, his messages were very quick while the job was in process but once I submitted the translation file in its entirety there was no reply.
They said they would send a PO once the file was completed and never did so of course. What a fraud!!!
Re[5]: Lingual Consultancy Services               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Alix Chace 06-10-2016 17:40

I just wanted to add that I have since received the much awaited PO from Prateek and submitted my corresponding invoice. I hope all will proceed without further issue and I will receive payment within the 45 days that they have indicated as the timeframe of payment.
Re[6]: Lingual Consultancy Services               [Reply to this message]
Sender: mmj 14-11-2017 12:01

I just wanted to add that I have since received the much awaited PO from Prateek and submitted my corresponding invoice. I hope all will proceed without further issue and I will receive payment within the 45 days that they have indicated as the timeframe of payment.

Hi - I recently received the possibility of working with Lingual Consultancy Services, but after reading all these reviews I'm not sure anymore about taking it- I'm not sure if it's worth the risk and hassle. What would be your recommendation?
Sender: Marco 14-12-2016 17:56

Follow-up message. I am sorry for all those who had negative experiences. I did read them all and I hope you'll find this follow-up message somehow useful.

Collaborations: 3
Timely payments: 1
Rates: Low for European markets, the topic (read difficulty) is never regarded.
Deadlines: Unreasonably tight. Every job is a rush job (read: should be paid 20-40% more than normal rates).
Communication: fast ONLY when they need the job done, of course. Any proposal of regular collaboration from my side has been easily ignored.

My very first collaboration with them had to go down the hard way. The payment was made only after a series of emails I was forced to send in order to get paid (overdue - 1 week).
The second time, the payment was prompt because I dealt with a different PM (Prateek, Dipanshu and Izajul being the PMs that usually contacted me, Rakesh being the different PM who was the only one who granted me a timely payment).
The third and last time (today 12th Dec 2016) the payment was made after ignoring my reminders of the due date being closer and closer. Eventually the payment was made (overdue - 2 days).

All the jobs were rush jobs with unreasonably tight deadlines, considering their habit -in my case- of contacting me randomly after months. Such behavior would be fine if the collaboration was assiduous, something they clearly avoid, making building a good stable relationship impossible.

As far as it regards the payments, you can tell which reviews are real and which are fake. To all translators: give them a try only if you are willing to resort to forums, numerous emails and (eventually) legal means. Professionalism is about being treated the same way in return.
Sender: Asma 21-12-2021 01:38

Why is my name is included?
Sender: HMarshall 28-10-2016 22:08

They're still at it, by the looks of it, I got this today:
Dear Linguist,

Hope you are doing well!

We have a project for English to European Portuguese translation
of subtitles.

Currently, we are expecting around 40 hours of English videos for
translation to European Portuguese subtitles and we will regularly
have similar projects. If interested, please share your costing per hour of video in USD
for following two cases:
1. We will provide English videos along with English subtitles
and you only have to translate them to European Portuguese.
2. We only provide English videos without subtitles. You have
to directly translate the video into European Portuguese and also
will have to do the time coding.

Please share your CV and also advise how much experience you have
of subtitling.

Although we would prefer linguists with subtitling experience,
however, we are also willing to provide training on subtitling if
you don’t have any previous experience.

Look forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Izajul Haque
Lingual consultancy services>Hi!
Just wanted to warn people that Lingual Consultancy Services (read Bogus translation agency, hidding behind fake positive reviews on ProZs) is continuing their fraudulent activity by contacting freelance translators via ProZ(shame on them for still not banning this company) for a "large" translation project, but requiring, firstly, a SAMPLE TRANSLATION, insisting on its ASAP delivery and then never replying back.
Their contact person this time:
Taruna Singhal
tarunasinghal@lingualconsultancy.com
Sender: Petra 27-08-2017 09:53

Hi,
I just had a very bad experience with this translation agency. I translated a documentary and then the guy from India (dipanshu.sharma@lingualconsultancy.com) said, sorry, unfortunately somebody else translated the same documentary, so no payment. And he didn't answer my emails. Then I tried to get my payment through the Berlin agency (bhupen.gogoi@lingualconsultancy.com, june 2017), very nice conversation, but still no payment. Don't ever work with them!
Sender: WTF 27-08-2017 13:00

Lingual Consultancy Services are notorious scammers (check the Translation Scammer Directory for further info). I notice that they have been writing their own positive reviews here.
Sender: Ilse Schwender 27-08-2017 13:03

I don't agree. I work since years for them and we have a good communication and solved always arising problems.
Sender: Dana 05-09-2017 14:46

Have you ever received the payment? I had the same experience...
Sender: Sudhriti Banerjee 22-01-2016 18:54

I am a freelance translator working for the last five years and have worked with Lingua consultancy and Taruna Sighal for many projects and have received payment timely and have not faced any professional problems from them.
Sender: Zeljko 16-11-2016 14:17

Received the same e-mail today and then went to research online a bit. I'm always weary of Indian companies. They either have incredibly low rates or don't pay. Thank God for the Internet, right?
Sender: Timothy 11-12-2016 13:58

Hi guys,

I got this message today form linguaconsultacy, i decided to check on the net and discovered that its not a genuine organization.I am still new in the online translation business and would like to know if genuine translation agencies do actually exist and do actually pay the translators!And if there are genuine agencies where can I get their contacts from?

Thanks for your response.
Timothy Lango from Kenya

message from lingua

We have a budget of 0.03 USD per source French word. We will have to share a sample translation with the client in order to win the project. It will be difficult to share exact word counts of the books as we are yet to receive the actual books.

Please find attached the sample from one of the book. You have to translate the title and the provided 300 words to English.

Kindly go through the below mentioned guideline before proceeding with the translation.

• Guideline: The translation shouldn’t be very complicated or academic but should be free flowing & the tonality post translation should be grasped easily. Quoting the client, “ it shouldn’t the case wherein the reader has to go through the Hindi text thrice to understand/ grasp the meaning”. Also ,the core meaning of the text shouldn’t be altered during translation.

Also, would like to inform you that we would require the sample within next 24 hours.

Thanks & Regards,
Izajul Haque
Lingual Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd
Mobile: +91-8588814889 I Landline: 0124-2848104
Web: www.lingualconsultancy.com
ISO 9001:2008 certified company
Sender: Daniel 13-12-2016 13:25

Hello,
I've been working for 2 years and getting occasional jobs for Lingual Consultancy Services and with the signing PM. They are a genuine agency and timely payers (in 45 days, but they have always paid me on time).
Greetings!
Sender: Dimby 13-12-2016 17:15

Hi all,
I just began to work with them for the last 5-6 months.
I got really paid.
I totally agree with Daniel.
Regards.
Dimby
Sender: Joachim van Zoelen 30-03-2017 21:19

Please do not insult me and the other professionals on this forum with your fake reviews. Friends of some of the people whose names were dropped, are you?
Sender: Veronica 20-02-2017 19:59

I have worked for them, with three more colleagues, during September and October 2016. They offered us three books (cannot remember how many words in total) each one of them having a flat fee of USD1500.
We started with the first one and delivered on time. Dipanshu kept on asking for corrections (mainly formatting issues and DTP) that my colleagues managed to fulfill. The payment was conspicuous by its absence.
For the second book I took a more "active role" and after delivering the finished project (also on time) they started to ask for extra things. I reminded him that he had not even paid for the first book (which was overdue) so we would only answer to their requests after receiving the payment. He paid promptly but insulted us by calling our work "unacceptable". We delivered the second book by November 4th.
He still owes us this payment. Hence, I sent Dipanshu this email:

Hi Dipanshu.

I am deeply disappointed to tell you that this payment delay situation is unacceptable. Me and my team have worked very hard to meet all your deadlines and answer to your claims and demands, but there's been more than 3 months from the project delivery and the invoice is still pending.

I am also late with my people's payments, since I could hardly collect some money for you, sadly by threatening you. My team was not willing to deliver any pending files unless they got paid.

Since it is already February 15th (your promised date for payment) and my invoices are already long due I will have to think of any extreme measure I could apply unless I get paid (Proz BB or similar)

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience,

Please be careful!
Sender: Norbert Hanny 05-03-2017 08:49

Dear All,

AVOID this company at all cost! All the above bad reviews are true. On 4 March they asked me to translate 2 episodes of The Client List by 6 March. Very short deadline, work over the weekend, no PO, no contract, just "Kindly proceed with the job", 45 days payment term via PayPal, where you are not protected after 45 days - the usual.

Agents involved:
Rakesh Pradhan
Izajul Haque
Bhupen Gogoi
Sender: Kaempfer (kaem.net) 05-03-2017 20:15

Hello everybody,

please allow me to post in French :

Merci pour ces mises en garde : j'ai également reçu aujourd'hui un message de ce M. Dipanshu Sharma qui demande des traductions de l'allemand en français. À titre d'information, le voici :

Dear Colleagues, - Hope you are doing well. - We are looking for German to French translators who specializes in Automotive field (information on cleansing agents). - If interested, please advise your best rates for Translation and Editing separately along with your CV for our kind reference. - Looking forward to hearing from you. - Thanks and Best Regards, - Dipanshu Sharma

Me méfiant de ce genre de demandes, je suis venu sur ce forum et vos messages m'ont dissuadé de donner suite. Mais je ne comprends pas pourquoi ce prestataire n'est pas banni de ProZ après toutes ces preuves évidentes de sa mauvaise foi.

Thanks again,
Stef.
Sender: Norbert Hanny 06-03-2017 08:56

Dear All,

I have to modify my complaint. When I pointed out the above to the agents, they decided to send my fee via PayPal IN ADVANCE. So eventually I did the job, and I did receive the payment.

So my conclusion is: be very strict with the initial negotiations, after that they may gain your trust and they do pay!

Norbert Hanny
Sender: Lucie 19-11-2021 20:00

Hi.

I've been offered a subtitling job and after reading your bad reviews I'm hesitant to accept it. I have no previous experience in translating, I'm not a freelancer and strangely this doesn't seem to matter to them at all. Should I be suspicious of them or should I try my luck and gain some experience even if it's for free?

Thanks.
Lucie
Sender: Translator 02-04-2017 16:32

As many of you, I also got scammed by this company. They contacted me about a rush job and I work on it many hours a day for 5 days. After this, they told me I would get payed after 7 days. When I hadn't recieved the payment after 7 days I contacted them and their response was that they would pay me after 45 days. I reminded them that we had agreed, that I would get payed after 7 days. This was totally ignored for a week! Then all of the sudden they wrote that they needed some changes done in some of the work I did. I told them I wouldn't do anything as long as they hadn't payed me. Then they refused to pay me as long as I didn't make the changes. I ended up agreing to not get payed for the mentioned files in a small hope that I would get payed for at least some of my work and they said they would pay me for the rest within a week. After a week I still hadn't recieved the payment and I contacted them again. They just started making up excuses and asked me to give them one more week to pay. I told them I wouldn't wait any longer and that I wanted the payment within 24 hours. Then they said they would get back to me the following day. The following day they wrote that they (conveniently) had gotten feedback on the rest of the files and that they couldn't pay me until I corrected them. It was obvious that they never intended to pay, so I refused to make any changes and blocked them.

I strongly advise everyone to stay away from this company. They are scammers and they will do anything to get out of paying!
Sender: Zeljko 24-04-2017 16:56

Got another mail, although I told them a few weeks ago I'll only work for them if they paid me in advance. Didn't hear back from them.

Will do the same again: here is the mesage:

Dear Colleagues,

Hope you are doing well.

We have a new transcription project wherein we have 18 hours of
audio that requires German to English transcription. There would
be multiple files ranging from 2 to 5 minutes in duration. These
are generally single speaker videos with very god audio quality.

If interested, please advise your best rates per minute of
recorded audio along with your CV for our kind reference.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Dipanshu Sharma

Also, if they do some work for Netflix, you should report them directly to Netflix because they stop working with such agencies immediately.
Sender: Lana Dulhgan 02-05-2017 08:24

Hello all I received an email from Lingual Consultancy requiring subtitling videos. Thank God I searched for reviews and read your comments. It makes me reluctant to take on the job.
Sender: MeToo 04-05-2017 04:58

I received an email too.

Also, please share your CV for reference.

My answer is, "when did I say I would work for you?"

Sender: Flora Fan (Cantonese Translator) 08-05-2017 03:59

Another scammer from India? I am now quite cautious about any new agencies approaching me from India... Sorry to say that but my experience tought me the bitter lesson...
Sender: Aksent 16-05-2017 19:17

Received a translation request today - see below.
Thank you for your warnings!
==========
Dear Translator,

Hope you are doing fine!

We have a document of 1500 words that needs to be transalted into
Dutch. The documents are actually catalogue of food items.
Please advise your availabity and best rates(in USD) per word, if
interested.

Also, share your CV for our reference.

Best regards,
Izajul Haque
Project Manager
Lingual Consultancy Services

----------------------------------------
This message was sent to you via the ProZ.com directory.
Sender: LC Services
Sender's profile: http://proz.com/profile/1203739
Sender's IP address: 14.142.59.98
To adjust your ProZ.com email preferences, visit this page:
http://proz.com/?sp=ef
For technical assistance, please submit a support request:
http://proz.com/support
Sender: Thao Tran 26-06-2017 09:12

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry about your experiences with Lingual Consultancy Services (LCS). But having worked more than 10 small to medium projects with LCS, especially with Arpit Sharma and Izajul Haque, I thought I should share my own experiences.

LCS has gradually become one of my best clients for having regular Vietnamese-related projects, reasonable price and supportive PMs, especially aforementioned Arpit Sharma and Izajul Haque. I regularly have late-night translation for LCS and when the volume became too overwhelming and I needed more time, the PMs were always available to accommodate me.

A few have accused LCS for not paying and even being a "scammer". From my point of view, and own experience, the matter might have been taken a bit too far. LCS always proceeded payment for my works. It is true there was delayed payment incidents here and there but I notified the PMs immediately and the issues were solved in very timely manner, each and every time!

Now I cannot say the same for other PMs at LCS as I only worked with Izajul and Arpit team, but I stand by these two PMs specifically and LCS generally. They aren't scammers or non-payers.
Sender: Kollayuth 05-07-2017 15:20

Hi,

I have been working for them for almost a year now. I had been paid occasionally with a few delays. Actually, I have no problem with a delay in payment at all as long as I get paid for what I have done.
Sender: Kollayuth 06-07-2017 14:11

I had just been paid USD600 today. They are a very reliable translation agency. There might be a mistake over some issues or a misunderstanding which could be strengthened out.
Sender: Joachim van Zoelen 06-07-2017 14:26

What a coincidence, that all of a sudden several messages show up, stating how reliable these people are.... Please...
Sender: Zeljko 06-07-2017 14:49

Yeah, was just about to comment.

This is such an obvious PR stunt, they must be desperate because people are refusing to work for them, and their clients want their translations.

That's what you get when you don't pay. Be smart, translators, and ask for your money in advance and you'll see.

Good luck.
Sender: Joachim van Zoelen 07-07-2017 15:28

Exactly! Don't fall for these pathetic bits of "fake news" (to coin a phrase). Where there's smoke, there's a fire, and if so many colleagues have had bad experiences with these people, everyone should steer clear of them. That's the only chance we have to make the market just a bit saner.
Sender: Kollayuth 11-07-2017 13:56

I really just got paid. Not a big fan of the company. Please provide me your email, I will forward the payment to you. Just tell the truth and share my experience with this company.
Sender: Carlos A. R. de Souza 06-07-2017 14:06

So far, I did not have issues with Lingual Consultancy Services. Payment was prompt and according to what was agreed. Mr. Joytush (project manager) is very courteous.
Sender: Ilse Schwender 11-07-2017 13:04

I work since 2014 for them, and they have paid me first and then it has summed up and there was a delay of around nine month. Since then I was paid regularly with almost no delay. Even a few month ago when I asked for the paid me within a few days disregarding the 45 days.
The workflow is good................and this comment is NO FAKE!!!
Sender: HyunYoung Park 04-08-2017 09:25

I have worked with Lingual consultancy for years, especially when i was in USA. They are doing pretty good. They offered some nice projects, paying well. I don't understand the reason why many people wrote about Lingual consultancy so badly. For me, staffs in Lingual consultancy are all good, nice and friendly.

EN<->Ko translator and reviewer

HyunYoung Park
Sender: Tashi 23-08-2017 08:26

I also worked with them for two projects and I should tell payment got delayed by 5 days. I asked my concerned PM and he made sure the payment was done the next day.
Sender: Dominique 17-09-2017 22:30

I'm very glad I searched the company before agreeing to work for them. One bad review might not be convincing but two, three or fiv clinch it for me.
Sender: Flora Zhang (A.C.Translation) 24-08-2017 10:54

Shake hands. I had big problem with those guys too. Be aware of them!
Sender: Tony Luo (Chinese Text) 27-09-2017 04:45

Thanks for sharing the information. Yes we have to be very careful with these guys! I had some bad experience with several "famous" clients and also shared my stories in other threads here.

Just don't let them steal our hard works!
Sender: Asma Asfour 06-10-2017 19:58

I have never worked for them, but I had a bad experience with another 2 indian companies. When I asked for payment in advance, they stopped responding.

Dear Translator,

Hope you are doing fine.

We are looking for Arabic <> English interpreters for the
following requirement:

Service: Interpretation
Source Language: Arabic
Target Language: English
Interpretation Type: Interview
Interpretation hours per day: 2
Start Date: Fri, 06/01/2018
End Date: Sun, 07/01/2018
City: Berlin
Pick and drop facility: Yes

Below is the information shared by the client:

I am planning to visit Berlin to conduct face-to-face in-depth
interviews with Syrian refugees. I am fluent in Turkish, German,
and English, but unfortunately I can’t speak Arabic and I will
need an interpreter for Arabic in Berlin.
I will conduct 20 interviews with Syrians, each about 1-2 hours
long. I will ask questions about their current life and future
plans. I will need consecutive interpreting, basically somebody
who will be with me during the whole interview to facilitate my
communication with the interviewee.

If interested, please advise your rates for this project. Also,
share your CV mentioning the experience you have in doing
Interpretation.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Izajul Haque
Project Manager
Sender: Asma Asfour 06-10-2017 19:59

They stopped answering when I asked them for advanced payment.
Sender: Joanna Townsend 20-10-2017 13:12

Having read all the replies and the info here I was still unsure if this company is a fake or not. They offered me to translate a TV-show series. I decided to see how they work and give it a try.

After the test translation the communication remained swift, but having read this I asked for partial payment up front OR for the job to be paid through UpWork or Peopleperhour, which would ensure payment and quality of work.
These options were not possible but as a deal I would get the payment for the first 5 episodes within 15 days. I offered to do a couple under these terms which they accepted. I did not get a PO to begin with but a NDA with no payment terms. I replied with a basic work agreement (I use it for other clients also) with the specified 15 days payment terms. The answer was: I can not sign this for the company, Can't you work without this contract thinghy?"

I said no, I need something with payment terms on it, upon which I received an example of a standard PO with payment terms. I agreed to do 1 episode starting today. All the files were sent... except the PO for this job. After two emails from the company asking me if I started yet, I asked for the PO. this was sent but with 45 days payment term not the 15 agreed. When I asked the manager to amend this his answer was: Next time....

Of course I refused the job and will not work for them in the future. I am not sure that this is a fake company; but they are not professional in any way and it is not a surprise that payments do not go well if sending a PO already is an issue....

(PS: Sorry for the (possible) spelling mistakes.. on mobile phone)
Lingual Consultancy Services Is Non-Payer, Scammer               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Ozzy 14-11-2017 13:24

They don't pay anything, they just keep promising that they will do so. After a while, they just ignore you all together. Think twice before applying any job from them.
Sender: ilse Schwender 05-04-2018 15:07

You do not need to work with them.
If you are a freelancer which means if you work on your own you could possibly negotiate your rate.
BTW there are other agencies who work with more less rate per word and there are translators working for them.
Does anybody like you consider the effort to aquire and maintain clients? You get the project served, you are asked and you are free to say NO.
Kind regards
Ilse
Sender: John Doe 01-05-2018 18:08

I dare you to disclose how much they pay you. Surely not under 1 € per hour.

Unless you work in the German branch's PR Dept. That wouldn't count.
Sender: Nanapeth (EQHO, Singapore) 04-05-2018 17:17

The project started in Nov 2017 and ended by Dec.
Mail after Mail. I am hunting for the payment from them.
Above 50 USD.
Sender: Mateusz 23-05-2018 20:25

I too, unfortunately, was scammed by this agency. Performed a couple of jobs for them, knowing perfectly about their bad opinions to see if they were true (jobs were easy and rather small, so not much time got invested in them).
They paid for the first job. For the rest - not so much. They have an invoice for USD 60 overdue 210 days now with my company...

They tend to forget that they owe me money, so once every 30-45 days someone from them contacts me regarding another urgent project. I always politely remind them that you should pay your bills and that I will not be accepting any new jobs until they settle the "old invoice" (which I always attach to the e-mail).

They never reply after that. I was contacted by 5 such people so far (last time was... today). Please, keep away from them - they really do not like paying for your work...
Sender: Steve 30-05-2018 07:54

I've managed to sidestep http://www.lingualconsultantcy.com/ before and I've just been approached by www.dubnsub.com a subsidairy of some sort. Beware.
Sender: Myrtha R Santiago-Fernandez 30-07-2018 17:13

Good morning. I deeply appreciate your review as I have been contacted by this company and by who stands as General Manager Sarabjit Singh. This is of great support to translators as to prevent any scam to our services. Once again, thank you. And to any request of sending them a translation sample, no way, I have worked for more than 30 years as professional translator with numerous companies and institutions and would never, ever submit any free sample of my translations.

I have enclosed their email text on their job offer for your acknowledgement:

sarabjit.singh@lingualconsultancy.com a través de proz.com
9:07 (hace 3 horas)
para ProZ.com

Dear Translator,

Trust you are doing well.

We have a new requirement where source English needs to be
translated into Spanish. The content will be generic. Please note
that client has specifically asked if can provide Spanish with
native Boriquan dialect and lexicon.

Kindly advise if you can help assist us here. If yes, what would
be your rate (in USD) per word.

Regards
Sarabjit Singh

Sender's IP address: 103.219.142.242
Sender: Mateusz 30-07-2018 18:46

After several more months and after being contacted by them regarding several projects (each time I refused saying that I do not work for free and unless they pay me what they owe me I will not be working for them) they finally paid. Everything.
Now I am being contacted on an ongoing basis regarding new projects and I think I will work with them, anyway - now that I know that you CAN get your money :)
Sender: Myrtha R Santiago-Fernandez 31-07-2018 06:53

Thanks for your feedback.
Sender: G 30-08-2018 20:16

Lingual Consultancy is a company you should only work for if you are so desperate that you have no other options. They have never paid me on time, nor without a weeks-long fight via e-mail, and after my most recent project they refused to pay me at all, claiming that the « quality of the translation was not up to par ». Furthermore, all of their projects have an extremely tight timeline and the pay is absolute minimum. I would advise anyone considering accepting a project from them to re-consider, unless you are willing to face the likely prospect of not being paid for your work. Tell your translator contacts and avoid at all costs.
Sender: Natalie 30-11-2018 18:46

Notorious, serial non-payers. I've been working with them on and off since 2015. Every time a relatively large sum accumulates, they go AWOL and it takes several months to get the payment. It happened to me three times. The first time, I posted a negative review on ProZ (where they first found me), and instantly got an email from a project manager offering to settle the bill "with a humble hope that I will change my review to positive". While they did not outright say they would not pay if I don't amend the review, I felt that mentioning the payment and my review in the same sentence was intended to imply causality. After that, I started keeping track of reviews they get on ProZ. I now have a portfolio of screenshots that prove: they routinely request translators to write positive reviews or remove negative reviews in exchange for settling long outstanding payments. Regularly, someone posts a negative review, then 1-2 weeks later it disappears or changes to five stars. This has been going on for years. I and other people have reported and discussed it with the ProZ admin team to death, and they are just not inclined to lose a paying client, that is the bottom line.
I am right this moment sitting with a $700 invoice for Lingual Consultancy outstanding since July, and they happily continue to email me with project offers. Three times is really the charm. Yes, they will pay. But in 5-6 months and after multiple reminders, threats and bad reviews. Nobody needs this negativity in their lives.
Sender: Tim 26-12-2018 23:31

Hi my translator friends,

I have just gotten the message below from Sarabjit Singh and received the same one 3 days ago from another person, Prateek Sharma.
I replied them and will update this post if I get any answer...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I recommend you to ALWAYS do is (especially if you are going to do a bigger project) ask for DOWNPAYMENT, payment IN ADVANCE, no matter who your client is! They will understand it!

AND! Never give out any of your bank information, request your fee through PayPal.
There’re always scammers unfortunately, so be careful, suspicious and think twice. Read forums, google the person, phone number etc. It’s always better to try to push through your payment request or declining a “job offer” than working free or get scammed!
I do my research before signing or translating anything so luckily I’m working with trustworthy companies and people.

I’m not saying that this company is scammer (I don’t know it YET haha) but translating 75.000 word without downpayment just won’t work for me.
Don’t let your time and knowledge being undervalued!

Good luck!

Dear Translator,
We have a new requirement where source Hungarian needs to be
translated into English. Word count is 75000 and document is a
novel.
Please advise your availability and rates (in USD) per source word
along with your updated CV.
Regards
Sarabjit Singh
Sender: WTF (Glassdoor review) 28-12-2018 15:30

Notorious scammer and nonpayer.
Sender: Purna dhakal 11-01-2019 18:35

Dear All,

Just to let you know that I worked with this company and I got paid on time and without problem.

However, from my first work with them I got really paid and without delay. In fact, I was very quickly paid.

In view of these, I just like to inform other users who will come across this thread that working with Lingual Consultancy Services should not pose any problem.

Thanks all and enjoy your day.
Sender: Project Manager 05-04-2020 16:32

Dear Linguist,

Thank you for providing your feedback. We apologize that our services did not satisfy your expectations. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with our business. Please reach me personally via email; pm@lingualconsultancy.com, and I would be happy to discuss your experience at your earliest convenience.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Project Manager
Sender: daphne12 08-03-2019 13:48

Hi Tim, I got an email from Sarabjit Singh too.
Any follow-up on that job for Sarabjit Singh?
Thank you, have a nice day!
Sender: alexandra 25-03-2019 09:52

Hi,
I got an offer via proz too. The company looks reliable on the web site and e-mail signature, the pm writes professionally.
HOwever, because i have been scammed before ,i checked on the net.
Thanks all for this posts. It's very disappointing to know that proz did not take measures as to warn translators or ban the company.

I found weird that they seemed to accept a fairly high rate for Indian standards, so I looked for more info.
They changed from a translation to an editing request. They answered quickly to several e-mails.

I then asked for in advance payment and PO, and so far heard nothing else. I will post it here if I have further news.
I'd rather not do a job than getting scammed and upset.
Best regards, A.

Please, define what editing is to you exactly, there is often a difference in views about it.

I also would like to put forward that, when working with new agencies, I only work after a PO and advanced payment (via paypal) has been sent.
I have good credentials and a long experience in delivering good work.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
best regards,

Alexandra

-------------

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for your response.

We would be really appreciate if you could assist us on editing round as we have translation ready because of an early bid. However, would request you to advise your rates on the same.

-----------------

Dear Anshul,

I have experience in some medical, fitness and, in general, in technical domains.

If you could please send me the text, or part of it, I would check it and confirm if I feel confident with it and suits my expertise.

Best regards,

Alexandra
Sender: mateusz 25-03-2019 10:02

This is their modus operandi - they ask for quick, well-paid work, reply immediately (or almost) as long as they think you might work without an advance, and as soon as you deliver work or ask for payment they stop answering at all.

Although I managed to finally get all my money from them, it has taken six months of exchanging e-mails with 4 or 5 people, before someone has replied at all (and told be that the previous people did not work there anymore, sic!). Payment was, of course, without any interest, so six months to get your money... I would not recommend them at all.

What is more - they keep contacting me, although I have explicitly asked them on numerous occasions to delete my e-mail from their database. I guess GDPR does not work in India at all...
Sender: Léo Bourdon 16-04-2019 20:31

Hi,

This company contacted me for transcription services. They were asking for a project quick turnaround and to get a contract with them signed quickly. Unfortunately I should've done my due diligence and read this forum first, but they were quite insistent about getting it done quickly.

The software they used was incompatible with my Mac (despite not being told so in the first place) and the process for transcription was complicated. I lost only a few hours, but the insulting tone the pm used made me pause to wonder. Why are they so agressive? I will do my due diligence next time.
Sender: Translator 05-04-2020 16:43

Smart translators will do their research and avoid you. This PR stunt and damage control will not work. This has been going on for too long. Luckily, today everything is just two clicks away. And current and possible future clients can see what kind of company you are.
Sender: Project Manager 05-04-2020 16:51

Dear Colleague,

I hope you are doing well.

We regret the inconvenience this caused and we'd like to assist you in resolving this issue at the earliest.

Can you please contact our support team on pm@lingualconsultancy with your previous correspondence with the company contacts so the responsible person gets back to you at the very earliest to resolve this issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Project Manager
Lingual Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd.
Sender: Avinash Kumar 28-08-2020 04:36

Beware of Lingual Consultancy, a translation agency. They make payments in a delayed manner after promising to pay within 45 days of the invoice being raised by the translator. The so called project manager raises the purchase order as soon as the translation is done and sends it to the translator. When the translator raises an invoice and sends it to the person responsible to make the payment, he looks for deficiencies in the invoice. If there are no deficiencies in the invoice, he clears the invoice exactly on the 45th day from the date the invoice is raised. This is true in the case of old translators who are with the agency since a few months. Payments are cleared for the new translators well within 30 days from the date the invoice is raised. They build trust among the new translators and then betray them as they get tenured with the agency. When they start deducting money from the translators invoice, they say that TDS has been deducted. When asked to send a statement of the TDS, they give some lame excuse and delay the process of sending the TDS statement. Initially I was very happy with this agency, and as my tenure increased, the agency started showing its true colour of cheating. Ultimately they send me some TDS statement, they give some lame justification and never paid me for my last translation project. Beware of this translation agency, people, they are toying around with the translators.
Sender: Avinash Kumar 28-08-2020 04:37

Beware of Lingual Consultancy, a translation agency. They make payments in a delayed manner after promising to pay within 45 days of the invoice being raised by the translator. The so called project manager raises the purchase order as soon as the translation is done and sends it to the translator. When the translator raises an invoice and sends it to the person responsible to make the payment, he looks for deficiencies in the invoice. If there are no deficiencies in the invoice, he clears the invoice exactly on the 45th day from the date the invoice is raised. This is true in the case of old translators who are with the agency since a few months. Payments are cleared for the new translators well within 30 days from the date the invoice is raised. They build trust among the new translators and then betray them as they get tenured with the agency. When they start deducting money from the translators invoice, they say that TDS has been deducted. When asked to send a statement of the TDS, they give some lame excuse and delay the process of sending the TDS statement. Ultimately they send me some TDS statement, they give some lame justification and never pay me for my last translation project. Beware of this translation agency, people, they are toying around with the translators.
Sender: PURNA PD DHAKAL 28-08-2020 04:49

I am a freelance translator working for the last five years and have worked with Lingua consultancy and Taruna Sighal for many projects and have received payment timely and have not faced any professional problems from them.
Sender: Avinash Kumar 11-09-2020 05:24

Purna PD Dhakal, you have very big trust with this agency called Lingual Consultancy. I also believed in this agency until I was cheated for the second time, first by the so-called project manager, Akanksha Jain and then by Saurav Maurya, Rajeev Kumar and Narayan Singh. You believe that the Lingual Consultancy makes timely payments, good for you, but let me tell you that I also received timely payments initially. Only during the course of time, I realised that the agency is a fraud and has a bunch of diplomatic people who give lame excuses in the form of TDS and never send the statement of taxes deducted at source. Kindly avoid this agency if you wish to remain a translator.
Sender: Purna prasad Dhakal 11-09-2020 05:41

Thank you for your concern. Once they stop to pay or found any cheat you can go legal action. As per cyber crime, fraud cases impose to it. But, in my case, i am getting the amount on time no issue at all from 4 years. I believe, if you give out quality output, they will definitely pay you on time.
Sender: PURNA PD DHAKAL 28-08-2020 04:44

Hello,

I am not agree with your report, i am engage with this company from the last 3 years and I am getting payment regularly. But we have to consider if the company pay 5-10 days delay sometimes. I fully believe with them.

please remove the negative comment.
Sender: John Doe 31-08-2020 20:47

Maybe remove this joker from this list since he's obviously ignoring the many, many negative comments about this company
Sender: Project Manager 05-04-2020 16:31

Dear Linguist,

Thanks for your message on the platform. Please excuse our delay in response as we have recently noticed these abundance of reviews on this platform and didn’t get a chance to share our review on the same. We’d surely like to address such issues so that none of our associated freelancer get a negative hype doing business with us.

We respect your own budgets but every LSP has their own budgets to offer depending upon their client and long term business.

In terms of negative reviews, the sad news is that while we get to receive the negative reviews we don’t give them. Furthermore when you are working with 16000 linguists worldwide, it would be impossible to neutralize the 1%.

Of course there will be some legitimate cases in there and we openly admit that, however often is the case that linguists attempt to hold us hostage or attempt to coerce LC into accepting what are sometimes machine translation, instant payment without peer review etc. as their own work.

LC has been astounded by what people will do. The flip-side is that we have the 99% who are outstanding linguists that we work with, get paid and have helped LC grow to what it has become today. We even mention their names on our websites from time to time.

There are several translator portals and it’s not easy to manage them all. The biggest one is Proz and our team consistently maintain reviews, resolution and ratings from our linguistics. We are sharing the URL with you here:.

https://www.proz.com/blueboard/28985

Thanks and Best Regards,
Project Manager
Sender: lillywillams (Languages Unlimited) 26-06-2019 12:42

There are many translation companies in the market. But people choose the best one which helps them like Languages Unlimited.
Sender: Translator 27-06-2019 17:38

Seems they started to look for subtitlers, so be warned.

I just wonder how in this day and age they still manage to scam translators. People, Google your clients!

Here's my answer to them:

To be honest,
I've researched your company and it seems you are a notorious non-payer.
Also, Indian companies usually mean low rates.
So I don't think I'm the right person for you since I like to be paid and for my work and get decent rates.

Feel free to delete me from your database.
Sender: Mark Harris 31-07-2019 10:33

Thank you all for posting your experiences regarding this agency. I am just starting out as a freelance translator and I received an e-mail from them today asking for native English speakers to transcribe English audio. They immediately accepted my rates and asked me to sign agreements before discussing the work further. Something seemed off so I decided to Google them. Thank God I did, because I have now found all these warnings of late or non-payment. Now I will obviously ignore them and have managed to avoid wasting a great deal of time.

Many thanks!
Sender: Project Manager 05-04-2020 16:29

Dear Colleague.

Thanks for your message on the platform. Please excuse our delay in response as we have recently noticed these abundance of reviews on this platform and didn’t get a chance to share our review on the same. We’d surely like to address such issues so that none of our associated freelancer get a negative hype doing business with us.

We respect your own budgets but every LSP has their own budgets to offer depending upon their client and long term business.

In terms of negative reviews, the sad news is that while we get to receive the negative reviews we don’t give them. Furthermore when you are working with 16000 linguists worldwide, it would be impossible to neutralize the 1%.

Of course there will be some legitimate cases in there and we openly admit that, however often is the case that linguists attempt to hold us hostage or attempt to coerce LC into accepting what are sometimes machine translation, instant payment without peer review etc. as their own work.

LC has been astounded by what people will do. The flip-side is that we have the 99% who are outstanding linguists that we work with, get paid and have helped LC grow to what it has become today. We even mention their names on our websites from time to time.

There are several translator portals and it’s not easy to manage them all. The biggest one is Proz and our team consistently maintain reviews, resolution and ratings from our linguistics. We are sharing the URL with you here:.

https://www.proz.com/blueboard/28985

Thanks and Best Regards,
Project Manager
Sender: booms1 02-08-2019 05:34

That's very interesting stuff to know about. Thank you so much for the valuable information.
Sender: Eitan 06-09-2019 12:03

We did big project for Lingual India,
The payment is overdue already two weeks.. very hard to work with after the project is delivered... I already invest two working days to send again and again the information,

Button line - doesn't worth the risk and the effort!

Be aware!
Sender: Lise 25-10-2019 13:14

I just recieced this email :

Dear Translator,

We have a new requirement where source German needs to be
translated into Danish language.
Word count of the document is 500 words.
Content of the project is related to briefing for a swimsuit
Copywriting project.
Please advise your availability and rates (in USD) per word along
with your updated CV.

Best Regards,
Vanshaj Jain

Sender's IP address: 103.212.144.233

And after reading all your storys i wrote them this:

Lise Andersen <von.andershorn@gmail.com>
15:09 (vor 3 Minuten)
an vanshaj.jain

Hi,

after everything I've read about your company in various forums, that you never pay anything, I will only work with you if you pay in advance.
So either you are serious and pay what you order. or you can find some one else.

Let me now, what you decided.
Sender: YURIE 22-11-2019 01:46

Their translation request is always urgent with unreasonable due date. They said they would pay in 45 days once the invoice is received. They do not pay on time or they do not care to pay. They paid me once when I froze their account to accept a new assignment, and told them I would need to be paid the outstanding balance to do any new work. They still owe me more than $1000 for quality work I have provided. Very bad business practice, no one should do business with this company.
Sender: Project Manager 05-04-2020 15:39

Dear Colleague,

We regret the inconvenience this caused and we'd like to assist you in resolving this issue at the earliest.

Can you please contact our support team on pm@lingualconsultancy with your previous correspondence with the company contacts so the responsible person gets back to you at the very earliest to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Project Manager
Sender: Caroline 19-12-2019 18:59

Hi

Thank God I found your site!
Was ready to do a 5 hours french to french transcription. I asked for being paid hour by hour and of course they did'nt accept and only agreed for a 7 days delay after full job received!
And then I saw your site!
Ok I can go back to watch my movie ;)
Thanks29
Sender: Alexandra 13-01-2020 14:25

Thank you for all these messages!
I've received a mail from Prateek last Friday and laughed aloud at the "Dear colleague" beginning, then found this website. I'm relieved that I won't fall for this scam.
Have a nice day!

"Dear Colleague,

We are contacting you for one of our long-term projects where we
would be receiving MT (Machine Translation) on regular basis for
post editing from English to French (Canadian). The texts would be
headline ads which might contain religious, sexual or political
content.

The project will take place on client tool where we would be
receiving batches on daily basis with TAT of 4 hours,
approximately word count of each batch would vary from 300 to 500
words.

Please advise us on your availability along with best rates (in
USD) per source word for the same.

Also, please share your CV for our reference.

Best Regards,
Prateek Sharma"
Sender: consultant 05-04-2020 03:36

Hello All,

It is to report to all of you out there that you should never work for a company called LINGUAL CONSULTANCY at any cost. This company based in India and claimed to have offices in UK and other countries (I doubt, because its integrity way below that!)

This company seems to be take advantage of freelancers in India. I never came across such brutal non payers in India so far in my 15 years career!

I have my pending payment for almost 110 days, 288 days, 270 days for different small payments now. The irony is that the amount is not that big (All payment put together, it is around 7.5K rupees) but still they simply ignored my multiple email reminders.
They are trained con people and know how to avoid such reminder emails. They purposefully never give contact numbers of their Managers when they send out their task mail. That's another way of escaping freelancers.

I feel pity for such agencies. Are they in such a bad condition that they couldn't clear the due to the extent of 8K? How are they managing their offices in India and abroad!

Readers out there: I do not want any of those Freelancers fall for this company's trap. So, all I wanted to ask you is that, is it possible to make Proz.com ban this company and stop posting their task requirements there now? This way we can stop such companies trap new freelancers. I can share all required proofs and email conversation to you in case you want to proceed with such action.

I am asking this because, 99% of their tasks send via Proz.com. We trust this site (Proz) but I feel they should have a provision to ban some this type of non-payers from posting their requirements here to maintain their reputation. A very important to maintain the credibility of this wonderful site.

Years back, I had the similar experience with one of the small local companies in India when just started my freelancing career. At that time another popular site called translationirectory had that task posted in their site and this company (Defaulter Company) kept posting their new tasks there for new freelancers there. When I saw that, I reported the matter to this site CEO and team and after investigation with the help of proof I provided, they banned that defaulter and communicate the same to them with the proof I provided to translationdirectory site. This action helped for that defaulter company to realize that they could not survive this way. They eventually paid my money. Now they changed their name and resurfaced again.

I sincerely feel that such provision must be there with Proz.com as well. It helps Proz.com as well by removing garbage companies from this site.

I hope your team listen to this. I need support from other readers and freelancers out there to support this cause. This is beneficial to all freelancers out there who suffer due non payers.

Awaiting a positive response from you Proz.com team & organizers! Thanks!

Regards,
Salm
Sender: Project Manager 05-04-2020 15:29

Dear Colleague,

Thanks and Best Regards,
Project Manager
Sender: Andy 14-08-2020 18:42

Hi Consultant !- sadly everything negative you report about Lingual Consultancy is true. These people aren't translators , they're computer bods who see translation as a way of making money online. They approached me in 2017/18 , and I did 9 jobs for them, but only got paid for 3, and those only after getting heavy with them, and they were desperate anyway. Dipanshu Sharma and Ijazul Haque were the PM's I dealt with,who came onto me at odd times like midnight on a Sunday, and as others have stated, you don't hear a word once the job is delivered. I also told them that I do not do transcriptions, whereafter these were the only job offers I got, and still get from them, with one exception, which was when they offered me a Spanish legal job, which I agreed to, against my better judgment, but heard nothing once I'd responded positively because it was right up my street. I believe they are in league with other agencies, possibly Translation Empire, based in Rochdale, near Manchester, England.Don't touch or trust these people. They want something for nothing.
Sender: Canan Vaner 23-09-2020 18:44

Hi everyone,

This company reached me via Proz.com for a transcription project on September 10, 2020. I'm not a paying member on Proz, so I couldn't see any comments about the company there. I replied, and our correspondence with Dipanshu Sharma started. He answered each question I asked patiently, and we had no communication problems. Just as I was about to sign an NDA agreement for the project, a colleague sent me the link to this thread. He also got an e-mail from Lingual Consultancy Services, but he didn't contact them upon seeing the complaints on this page.

Naturally, I hesitated and shared my concerns with the company.
After a few more e-mails, I decided to take a chance and put my trust in them. Since the type of job to be done was new to me, I wanted to gain experience. And I didn't have any translation projects for the week, so I took the risk.

But I made it clear that I didn't want to risk a big amount, so they agreed that I could work on as many files as I wanted. And they assured me that the payment would be made promptly.

Then I started communicating with a Turkish project manager (I'm also Turkish) from the Berlin Office about the project and began working.

I ended up completing less files than I actually promised them since I had a problem with my computer. But I informed them before the deadline and they were cool about it.

I finished the job on September 20 and sent them an invoice. Then their accounts payable team reached out to me and asked me to add a few details on the Invoice. I sent an updated invoice, and got paid the next day- today, (on 23rd)- in full.

In the end, I decided to revisit this page to share my experience. I'm not a hired by them to do so, as some might argue.
I appreciate every effort to warn a fellow translator about scammers or non-payers. I'm just sharing my individual experience with them. You can easily visit my LinkedIn or Upwork profile if you need to see I'm a real freelancer!

I might think about working with them in the future on other projects since our first collaboration went smoothly. But of course it's up to you whether to trust them or not!

I wish a productive day to everyone!

Best regards,
Canan
Sender: Nenad Radosavljević 25-10-2020 11:46

Lingual Consultancy owes me 385,4 USD and I have hard evidence to prove it.

The amount in question is owed to me since 2018 and I've been trying to collect my money for a long time.

Their accounting department actually labelled my payments as write offs.

Please find the evidence attached.

Sender: Lingual Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd (Lingual Consultancy Services) 23-08-2022 12:51

This payment has already been initiated on 26 Oct 2020. Please find below the copy of the payment. Our accounts team had not received the invoice earlier and hence the payment got delayed. However, it was made when the invoice was sent to them in Oct 2020.
Sender: Canan Vaner 18-08-2022 09:44

Hello again!

I have been receiving a lot of messages about Lingual Consultancy Services. Although I explained my experience with them in detail, people still ask me if I got paid or not. Yes, I got paid. But please be aware that I only worked for them ONCE about TWO YEARS AGO. So, I cannot vouch for them.

I only shared my experience with them because they politely asked me to, I didn't think too much about it back then. I haven't had any problems with them, but this doesn't guarantee that you won't. Please do your own research and sign a valid contract before accepting job offers.

And why have I not collaborated with them again? They sent me other offers but I haven't worked for them ever since because their offers were generally too low for me (below industry average) and weren't worth the trouble for me because I have a consistent workflow from my other clients.

Good luck everyone!
Sender: Peter Habraken 31-08-2022 18:27

I have been working with LC since last June, full time for most of this period, on Amazon translation projects. Cooperation with the company and specifically Dipanshu Sharma, our project coordinator has been excellent, very receptive, good communication.

Payment so far has been timely and correct. I earned around 11.000 euros in June and July, which has all been paid by now.
I highly recommend LC.
Sender: Sebastian Harris 26-09-2023 11:40

11000 in two months? Are you a machine?
Sender: Sebastian Harris 26-09-2023 11:40

11 thousand in two months? Are you a machine?
Sender: LSP 27-09-2023 18:48

What strikes me most is that they're obviously stupid enough to think that anybody here is going to fall for them leaving stellar "review" about their organisation under fake (mostly Dutch) names. As one of my colleagues pointed out very justly; 11000 dollars in 2 months!? Not with the rates LCS is paying, that's for sure!
Sender: Roeland Peeters 31-08-2022 20:29

I have been working with LC since February and have done numerous, high dollar amount projects with them.
Yes, they do demand quality, but I find that a good sign. They have always paid me (and some of these invoices were/are 8000 USD + (eight thousand).
My main contacts were Dipanshu Sharma (majority of the work) and Anil.
I am delighted with them and would highly recommend them. I have introduced various close friends as well, and they are very happy as well.
Sender: Truthspeaker 31-08-2022 20:31

You are not fooling anyone.
Sender: Marco 13-04-2023 12:17

Be careful, they started looking for new victims to scam on proz.com.
Sender: Barbara DF 02-09-2022 00:02

I started working for LC this June. I did not read these reviews. I have to say I am surprised to read them.

I have send 3 invoices so far, 2 have been paid without any problem and on time. They payment of my 3rd invoice is sheduled the end of this month. The total amount of the first 2 invoices was 12 000 Euro.

There is an open communication between the project manager and myself. He tells when they will send the PO and when the payment will be done. I hope to continue working with them in the future.
Sender: Francisco Parrinha Guerreiro 19-11-2022 22:28

I have to say I am very surprised by all the messages here aswell. I've worked with them on and off for a couple of years now and I have a very good opinion on the company. They have been late on payments every now and then but I have never been scammed. Furthermore, they were even kind enough to write me a letter of reccomendation that I needed for a new college application.
I'm very glad I only came across this message board now, after working with LC, otherwise I would have missed on earning a few thousand dollars.

Search forum and the rest of TranslationDirectory.com:

Free Newsletter

Subscribe to our free newsletter to receive updates from us:

New at the Forum

New Free Articles

# 2488
Rosetta Stone and Translation Rates

# 2467
Translation - an Ageless Profession

# 2466
Have Language, Will Travel

# 2486
Почему так мало хороших переводов и хороших переводчиков?

# 2479
Average monthly wage in different European countries

# 2487
Two New Chinese Translations of Hamlet Introduced and Compared

# 2475
Linguistic history of the Indian subcontinent

# 2474
Languages with official status in India

# 2251
The Database: Your Most Valuable Asset!

More articles
More articles for translators

Vote in Polls

All Polls:
Polls on all topics

Christian Polls:
Polls on Christian topics

Financial Polls:
Polls on Financial topics

Polls for Freelancers:

Poll # 104
Have you obtained at least one new client through your facebook account?

Poll # 100
What is the worst time-waster?

Poll # 099
If you work at a laptop, do you usually use touchpad or mouse?

Poll # 094
If you run a translation agency, do you ever outsource / subcontract your projects to other translation agencies?

Poll # 090
What do you like the most about TranslationDirectory.com?

Poll # 088
Which translation portal emails you the largest number of job notifications?

Poll # 087
Which one of the following sites has the most appealing color scheme?

Poll # 085
Do you charge a fine (interest) fee for every day of payment delay?

Poll # 083
Do you have licensed SDL Trados software installed at your computer?

Poll # 079
Have you always dreamt to become a translator?

Poll # 078
Do you plan to be a freelance translator for the rest of your life?

Poll # 077
Is it necessary to learn translation theory in order to become a good translator?

Poll # 076
Will human translation be entirely replaced by machine translation in the future?

Poll # 074
Do you have savings?

Poll # 065
Do you know that the Bible is the most popular book in the world?

Poll # 063
What is the purpose of your life?

Poll # 059
How many hours per night do you sleep (in average)?

More polls
More polls for freelancers

christianity portal
hotel directory

Copyright © 2003-2024 by TranslationDirectory.com
Legal Disclaimer
Site Map