How to Live Naturally
Become a member of TranslationDirectory.com at just
$8 per month (paid per year)
- Buy economic (fluorescent) lamps – they consume up to 80% less energy than regular bulbs.
- Don’t drive to close distances – better walk or bike.
- Set your tap water heater to lower temperature.
- Use wooden furniture, doors, windows, floor instead of plastic.
- Use laptop instead of desktop computer – laptops usually consume about 90% less energy. Besides, laptops usually produce less noise. Besides, you can work with laptop in a forest, at a lake shore, in mountains, at a beach…
- Use cable instead of wireless communications where possible: radio waves emissions are not very natural…
- Buy only naturally grown and prepared food.
- Recycle everything that can be recycled: paper, glass, plastics.
- Have your car tires fully inflated – that makes your car consume less gas.
- Where possible, for heating and food preparation use wood (instead of electricity, gas, oil etc). Wood is a renewable energy source – trees can grow again, while gas, oil, coal etc resources are exhaustable.
- Try to take walks at the open air as often as possible.
- Take cold shower, instead of hot one.
- Use soap that has fewer artificial components.
- Try to use less detergent when washing your clothes.
- Use only natural cosmetics (if you need any).
- Don’t dye your hair.
- If you have choice, live in a wooden or stone house (rather than in a house made from artificial materials).
- If you have to spend a lot of time inside, make your rooms natural: keep a lot of home plants, set up an aquarium, etc.
- If you have an opportunity to connect your house to a renewable energy source - do that! Consider using (at least partially): solar panels, wind turbines, tide energy, water turbines etc.
- Stay connected with your Creator all the time. Pray in the morning, pray during your day, pray before you sleep.
- Buy a smaller and a more energy effective car.
- When possible, use train or boat transportation instead of airplane or cars.
- Don’t buy disposable napkins.
- Buy products with as few packaging as possible.
- Find time to stay tet-a-tet with your Creator.
- Care more about your soul (which lives eternally) than about your body (which will die).
- Avoid eating meat.
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid too much alcohol.
- Don’t keep things in your house you haven’t used during the last year at least once. Give them to charity.
- Don’t overeat.
- Don’t work on Sundays – visit Church instead, do good things.
- Don’t use disposable batteries – use rechargeable instead.
- Don’t use disposable diapers.
- Don’t use disposable photocameras.
- Don’t use disposable bags.
- Love your Creator most of all.
- Don’t kill even the smallest creatures (flies, spiders etc) without need.
- Treat people the same way you want to be treated.
- Don’t curse.
- Forgive everyone.
- Confess all your sins and sin not any more.
- Don’t buy anything you can do without.
- Keep your car properly maintained: if your plugs are clean, your oil is changed regularly, and the car is lubed, you will get better gas mileage.
- Try doing dishes without detergent.
- Support farmers that produce naturally grown food.
- Don’t watch much television – read more Christian books instead.
- Do you really need that lamp on? Turn it off!
- Use things their full life cycle. Don’t buy new furniture, clothes, car, computer etc while the current ones serve you.
- Buy less bright bulbs.
- Use natural shoepolish, if you need any.
- Never leave any garbage at open spaces – everything must be recycled or thrown away to garbage cans.
- Plant trees wherever possible.
- Send this article to your friends.
Submit your article!
Read more articles - free!
Read sense of life articles!
this article to your colleague!
more translation jobs? Click here!
agencies are welcome to register here - Free!
translators are welcome to register here - Free!
Please see some ads as well as other content from TranslationDirectory.com: