Directory for translators and translation agencies: receive translation jobs in your language pair!
Welcome to the world of language jobs!

Portal for Language Professionals and their Clients. 39,000+ Freelance Translators7,000+ Translation Agencies.
translation jobs
Translation Agency Registration - Free! Freelance Translator Registration - Free! Become a Member! Login to Your Account! Invite Translators - Free! FAQ Contact Us

Menu

Become a Member
  Edit Your Profile
  Ask for Free Translation
  Find Translation Jobs
  Find Rare Translation Jobs
  Find Very Rare Language Jobs
  Find Jobs in Rarest Pairs
  Read Testimonials
  Read More Testimonials
  Read Even More Testimonials
  Read Still More Testimonials
  Read Yet More Testimonials
  Upload Your Resume
  Add Your Translation Agency
  Receive All Jobs by RSS
  Work for Translation Agencies
  Post Your Translation Job
  Hire Translators-Members
  Hire All Translators
  Easily Contact Translators
  Hire Translation Agencies Members
  Contact All Translation Agencies
  Obtain Blacklisted Employers
  Read Articles (By Category)
  Read Articles (By Index)
  Read Sense-of-Life Articles
  Read Work-at-Home Articles
  Use Free Dictionaries
  Use Free Glossaries
  Use Free Photographs
  Use Free File Sharing
  Use Free Software
  Use Free Translators
  Vote in Polls for Translators
  Subscribe to Free Newsletter
  Advertise Here
  Apply to Collection Agencies
  Buy Database of Translators
  Buy Translation Agencies List
  Watch Out for Scam E-mails
  Use Resources for Translators
  Use Online Directory
  Ask Questions in Forum
  Admire God's Creations

Advertisements

Forum for Translators: SCAMS BY LESLIE BOSCH

SCAMS BY LESLIE BOSCH               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Amiel Moskona 19-03-2013 15:26

We just received an email from a translator in Japan, Y. Mashida, who is under the impression that Leslie Bosh works for us, accusing us of non-payment.

Be advised that Leslie Bosch is in NO way associated with, nor works in any capacity for Perfect Translations in Miami, Florida. Leslie Bosch has stolen our identity in order to commit fraud. If you are approached by him and decide to work for him, you are doing so at your sole responsibility. Perfect Translations IS NOT responsible for any dealings made with or through Leslie Bosch.

If you are contacted by him, we ask you to provide us any and all information, so we may forward it to the authorities.

Also, be advised that Perfect Translations will not stand for baseless accusations or defamatory statements against us, and we will take the appropriate measures against ANYONE (including vendors, translators, etc.) who posts or spreads any libelous or false statements against Perfect Translations on any forums, websites, or other electronic media. We understand your frustration and anger against Leslie Bosch, but we will not be further penalized for his actions or anyone's decisions to work with him.

Any and all correspondence from Perfect Translations employees features our domain name in the email address (perfecttranslations.com). If you receive a phone call and you have any doubts whatsoever, visit our website (www.PerfectTranslations.com) and send us a message with your phone number and I will personally call or write you back).

Amiel Moskona
President
Perfect Translations
Re: SCAMS BY LESLIE BOSCH               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Xingfa Han 27-03-2013 16:26

I am also a victim of this baster. He used your company's name for a job i did for him. I can provide you with more information.
New message               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Susan McEwan 28-03-2013 13:59

Dear friends in the translation/interpreting industry

Someone by the name of David May phoned me last night.
He claimed to work for BMW (yes!) in the UK - he needed an interpreter for today; in French- to English. He required my services for consecutive interpreting today at a Lincoln-hotel, in Lincolnshire, in central Lincoln, UK.

I consented- because he sounded genuine and I needed to do the work.

Today I phoned the hotel in question- no one of that name had made any booking with any o the on-line hotel-booking service. That particular hotel hasn't even been built successfully and opened yet. No-one from BMW had made any booking whatsoever; he had quite genuinely (it is purported) arranged a business meeting for me at a render-vous at a hotel- that he hadn't even checked. He claimed that I should interpret for a delegation of Parisian contractors for a BMW-brokered deal for an electric car-plant.
He stated that he would e-mail me (he knows my email) the briefing of the exact nature of the business interpreting that would be required of me and that he would pay me proper UK-qualified rates for a proper job. Most of all- he reiterated that he worked for BMW East Midlands and that he wouldn't to quote:"need me all that much-but it would be for an agreed period of 3 hours of my time". He said he would meet me at a Lincoln central hotel at an agreed time.

Sounds like a marketing-hoaxer to me! I phoned BMW -no mention of him; I have looked for him on this directory- no mention of a proper paid-for advert; when I looked for him on Linkedin it said there was someone of that name who is, I quote, a "automotive digital-marketing- executive".

My dear friends (especially those who work as very honest, hardworking, professional IOL members from the UK and use French as their medium of expression) beware if anyone with this name and claiming to be from BMW phones you and promises you short-time work. Be wary- I am a young interpreter -with 5 years of training in languages under my belt - and I am very disappointed by this shoddy method of doing business.

I didn't go to the appointment but I am disappointed by his guile. He has my details now. He phoned me late, thus disturbing my family's sleep; he has wasted my time, while I have been checking out the hotels.

Is there an interpreter out there -who knows of this man- Mr David May- and knows why he would pull such a scam? He said there was already an interpreter booked who dropped out at the last minute whom he had booked, and he was going through the lists here for a UK-based interpreter from the East Midlands. So beware anyone from the East Midlands. He is surely a time-waster! Let him be sent to Coventry (LOL!).

All of this is true and I am prepared to swear it on oath.

Yours sincerely

Susan McEwan.
Re: New message               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Rute 28-03-2013 15:55

Please does anyone know Sally Khady or simply Khady?
What is she offering?
Re[2]: New message               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Susan McEwan 28-03-2013 16:42

I don't know her.

I have been phoned by a British man: David May, who was a fraudster.
Maybe another British interpreter has heard of him.

SCAMMER ALERT: David May- who doesn't work for BMW East Midlands because they don't work out of an office in the East Midlands; they work in the WEST MIDLANDS< for a start!
Re[3]: New message               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Tom Gallant (Findlay township) 28-03-2013 19:44

For those of you who reside in the Manchester, UK area, I've been trying to contact a Persian/English translator who was on my PHL/MAN flight on February 4th. We had an extensive conversation on the flight (I work for the airline-US Air) and I only got her first name, "Mandy". She tried to contact me twice at Jury's hotel, but I was not in the room. She is in her "mid-forties" (emigrated from Iran in 1979), dark hair, about 5'4".

I am a township Supervisor in the Pittsburgh, Pa. area, and you can see my picture on the web site. If you do know her, can you forward this message, so she can decide if she needs to contact me. Thanks a bunch!
Tom
Re[4]: New message               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Susan McEwan 30-03-2013 13:00

Dear linguists

The person who phoned me up with the bogus-offer of employment at a hotel that wasn't even built yet has a very feminine sounding voice and didn't offer any written proof of his identity. Please be aware of that person -put the phone down.

Flattery to deceive.

All the best

x.

S.
Re[5]: New message               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Susan McEwan 31-03-2013 16:27

Just keeping up the momentum.

Dear colleague interpreters,

I would like to notify you to become more aware of people offering bogus work: there is the person in the UK, resident in East Midlands, who wrongly claims to set up interpreting work on behalf of BMW and Pierre of Peugeot Citroen.
Put the phone down on him and go to a different employer.

best wishes -happy Easter from
Susan in UK.
Re: SCAMS BY LESLIE BOSCH               [Reply to this message]
Sender: Amiel Moskona 29-04-2013 17:26

Just received this email from another potential victim of Leslie Bosch, ID thief:
"Today I was approached by a company in Miami, Florida for a Translation project. He told me he was the project manager for Perfect Translations, and if I could complete a project for him. The number he gave me did not match up with the Telephone number on Perfect Translations website as well as the Area Code. He told me that he does everything through Skype , and not to call the office, because he works from home as well in the Miami office for Perfect Translations. After a few questions I started to put things together, and I did not believe this person Leslie Bosch."

Again, if you are contacted by this individual, or have any doubts, please e-mail us through the contact form on our website: www.PerfectTranslations.com

Search forum and the rest of TranslationDirectory.com:

Free Newsletter

Subscribe to our free newsletter to receive updates from us:

New at the Forum

New Free Articles

# 2488
Rosetta Stone and Translation Rates

# 2467
Translation - an Ageless Profession

# 2466
Have Language, Will Travel

# 2486
Почему так мало хороших переводов и хороших переводчиков?

# 2479
Average monthly wage in different European countries

# 2487
Two New Chinese Translations of Hamlet Introduced and Compared

# 2475
Linguistic history of the Indian subcontinent

# 2474
Languages with official status in India

# 2251
The Database: Your Most Valuable Asset!

More articles
More articles for translators

Vote in Polls

All Polls:
Polls on all topics

Christian Polls:
Polls on Christian topics

Financial Polls:
Polls on Financial topics

Polls for Freelancers:

Poll # 104
Have you obtained at least one new client through your facebook account?

Poll # 100
What is the worst time-waster?

Poll # 099
If you work at a laptop, do you usually use touchpad or mouse?

Poll # 094
If you run a translation agency, do you ever outsource / subcontract your projects to other translation agencies?

Poll # 090
What do you like the most about TranslationDirectory.com?

Poll # 088
Which translation portal emails you the largest number of job notifications?

Poll # 087
Which one of the following sites has the most appealing color scheme?

Poll # 085
Do you charge a fine (interest) fee for every day of payment delay?

Poll # 083
Do you have licensed SDL Trados software installed at your computer?

Poll # 079
Have you always dreamt to become a translator?

Poll # 078
Do you plan to be a freelance translator for the rest of your life?

Poll # 077
Is it necessary to learn translation theory in order to become a good translator?

Poll # 076
Will human translation be entirely replaced by machine translation in the future?

Poll # 074
Do you have savings?

Poll # 065
Do you know that the Bible is the most popular book in the world?

Poll # 063
What is the purpose of your life?

Poll # 059
How many hours per night do you sleep (in average)?

More polls
More polls for freelancers

christianity portal
hotel directory

Copyright © 2003-2024 by TranslationDirectory.com
Legal Disclaimer
Site Map