Re: Ulatus Crimson
I also noticed the frequent hiring advertisement posted by Ulatus. It is unlikely that this is because of exponential increase in their work demands; rather it is more likely due to a constant loss of translator base.
My personal experience with Ulatus as freelance translator is not positive either. It can be summarized as follows:
1. Non-responsive management team: I've sent several requests to adjust my rates in the past two months; but the management staff has not responded yet;
2. Fee-cutter: The people at the management level try their best to cut down payout to both translators and reviewers through their review process;
3. The management team often stirs up the conflict between the initial translator and the subsequent reviewer, with or without intention. To protest this malicious practice, in several occasions after completing a review work, I sent a message to the manager along with the reviewed translation to remind them that my review work is to improve the quality of translation, not to give Ulatus an excuse to cut down the original translator’s payout. But they seem to be continuing this practice.
So, to sum up, Ulatus is doing a disservice to itself by squeezing every possible penny out of its translators. I suspect that the same strategy is also applied to their clients, and that the losing trend is not limited at the translator end.
And if you can, stay away from Ulatus.
- Ulatus Crimson Freelance Translator 20-02-2018 19:42
- Re: Ulatus Crimson Other Freelance Translator 11-04-2018 15:52
- Re: Ulatus Crimson Ulatus translator 31-07-2018 17:55
Search forum and the rest of TranslationDirectory.com:
Please see some ads as well as other content from TranslationDirectory.com: